Lunch with John and Denis Wagner
Brought to you by the Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame
Wagners: The Power of Fearless Entrepreneurship
Thursday 28 March 2019
The Wagner family have been business stalwarts of Toowoomba since 1896. In 2017, with a work force of 1,100, Wagners successfully listed its building materials and mining services operations on the ASX. In 2018, Wagners was inducted into the Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame.
A notable achievement of the Wagner family is the Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport. It is the only Australian airport built in the last 40 years. Privately built, owned and operated by the Wagners, the airport is a thriving regional and interstate passenger facility with major airlines and is a hub for the export of regional produce to China via a weekly 747 service, with unlimited expansion potential. It will have a major impact on South East Queensland agriculture.
Join us for a conversation with two key players in the Wagner family, John and Denis, as they discuss:
- Lessons for building a global business from Queensland
- The success of the Wellcamp airport
- What it means for agribusiness on the Darling Downs and South West Queensland
- The unique dynamics of their family-run business and their plans for the future of Wagners
- The current challenges facing regional businesses in today’s economy
The conversation will be moderated by Ray Weekes, Chair of the CEO Institute Queensland and Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame Governing Committee.